Victoria’s first zipline adventure activity opened in October 2010 at the Otway Fly, located in the Otways (50 mins from Apollo Bay).
This activity requires professional, enthusiastic and safety conscious individuals to act as group guides for the activity.
Ziplining is an action eco adventure activity using cables suspended between trees throughout the forest. People are harnessed then attached to a continuous belay cable system so they can zip through the forest canopy between nine tree mounted platforms (CloudStationsVii).
As a Zipline Tour Guide it will be your job to guide zipline participants in the activity at height, whilst providing an educational and safe experience.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Candidates must be safety conscious and take responsibility for his or her own safety and those around them;
- Develop effective relationships with guests;
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests;
- Must be confident to talk to groups and deliver high quality curriculum to all guests;
- Ensure that tours are run in a smooth and timely manner;
- Ensure all safety standards and procedures are followed at all times;
- As directed, monitor condition of the tour, components and equipment and ensure that records are kept accordingly;
- Assist with the ongoing development of new curriculum to fit with the expanding needs of guests;
- Actively participate in training sessions;
- Uphold and adhere to guidelines as outlined throughout safety and environmental manuals and the Staff Handbook;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Zipline Operations Manager.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a multi tasking environment;
- Ensure that our guests receive a fun, educational and positive experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both adults and children;
- Must have an understanding of ecology (and environment) and a willingness to learn about our direct environment;
- Must be able to handle stressful situations calmly and effectively;
- Must be creative and motivated;
- Must have attention to detail;
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be able to work effectively within a team;
- Must feel comfortable and confident when in a natural wilderness setting;
- Must be confident, able to show empathy and be able to help manage fear in others;
- Must be comfortable (or willingness to achieve comfort through training) at working at heights in an adventure themed activity;
- Must have a healthy respect for gravity and demonstrate maturity when working at height.
Qualifications of merit:
· Certificate IV in Outdoor Recreation
· Certificate IV in Tourism (Guiding)
· Statement of Attainment in Conduct High Ropes Sessions
· Training in Geographical or Biological Science
· Remote Area First Aid
Experience of merit:
· Tour Guiding
· Outdoor Education
· Working at height
· Abseiling, Climbing or High Ropes
· Driver’s Licence
· Vertical Rescue
These are qualifications and experiences of merit only, they are not essential. We are very keen to have the ‘right people’ join our team. We are happy to get you comfortable and competent at working at height if you are someone with the right personal attributes.
Physical abilities required:
Physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee will be required to:
- Stand and walk for long periods of time;
- Bend, lift and move objects;
- Work at heights for long periods of time;
- Pull and climb;
- Belay participants and carry out all physical demands of a Zipline Tour Guide.
Work is available now and for the Peak Easter period.
For further information and to forward your resume please e-mail Lee.Barnett@otwayfly.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Otway Fly Treetop Adventures